Thursday, April 23, 2009

Why a blog?

Hello!  Six days in hospital gives a person almost too much time to think about things.  It gave me enough time to think my way into beginning a blog as a way to share some of the experience we have garnered as a family which has home educated our children for twenty years, from the beginning until they were ready to begin college.
(About the hospital stay:  I had a minor heart attack and spent most of time in hospital waiting for the next test to be scheduled.  One angiogram/angioplasty/stent later and I'm fine.  I am very grateful for the excellent care I received.)
We had no idea that we were going to be the kind of family who home educated forever.  We began with the conviction that we wanted a different sort of learning experience for the early stages of our children's education.  That conviction grew into the governing philosophy of our family:   That family is the primary place for children to grow and learn. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for blogging! You are a gust of fresh wind and needed rain. Carolin D

    ReplyDelete